Tuesday 16 October 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 16, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marin Alsop and Andy Kindler.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Brave One, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Men To Match My Mountains by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Other Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1956 ?
- Marin Alsop: American violinist and conductor.
- Andy Kindler: Comedian.
- James H Newman: Trust Territory of Pacific, PhD / Astronaut (STS 51, 69).
- James Newman: Astronaut.
- John Chavis: American football player and coach.
- Rudra Shahidullah: Bangladeshi poet author and playwright (d. 1992).
- Meg Rosoff: American-born, London-based author.
- Love Me Tender with Elvis Presley premieres
- William J Brennan Jr becomes a US Supreme Court Justice.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?