Thursday 17 April 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adolphus Hailstork and Cliff Stearns.
Citizen Kane, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1941 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Cliff Stearns: Politician.
- Adolphus Hailstork: Composer.
- Billy Fury: Liverpool, England -- Singer / guitarist (When Will You Say I Love You).
- Max Stafford-Clark: artistic director (Royal Court Theatre).
- Lagle Parek: Estonian architect and politician Estonian Minister of the Interior.
- Al Bowlly: Mozambican-English singer-songwriter (d. 1941).
- British troop land in Iraq / Yugoslavia; surrender to Nazis
- Office of Price Administration established (to handle rationing).
- World War II: The Kingdom of Yugoslavia surrenders to Germany.
- WWII: The Yugoslav Royal Army capitulates.