Tuesday 17 September 1907
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Desmond Heap and Helen Vinson.
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1907!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1907 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Desmond Heap: Authority on British planning law.
- Helen Vinson: Texas, United States -- Actress (Transatlantic Tunnel, In Name Only).
- Warren E Burger: Minnesota, United States -- Supreme Court Chief Justice (1969-86).
- Warren Burger: American lawyer and judge 15th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 1995).
- Ignaz Brull: Austrian pianist (Born 1846).