Monday 17 May 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michio Kushi and Marc Honegger.
The Boob, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1926 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Michio Kushi: Japanese-American entrepreneur who along with his wife, Aveline, are head of the macrobiotic movement in America, leaders in the field since the 50's.
- Marc Honegger
- Earl of: Airlie.
- Geoffrey Caston: vice chancellor (University of South Pacific).
- Lord Chamberlain: Earl of Airilet.
- Harry Shlaudeman: American diplomat.
- Robert Jay Lifton: Psychologist.
- David Ogilvy: 13th Earl of Airlie English-Scottish soldier and politician.
- Dietmar Schönherr: Austrian-Spanish actor director and screenwriter (d. 2014).
- Franz Sondheimer: German-English chemist and academic (d. 1981).
- Cicely Berry: voice director (Royal Shakespeare Company).
- David Young: Lieutenant General / CEO (Cairn Tech).
- Lucien Herr: French leader (Correspondance entre Schiller).
- German Government of Wilhelm Marx takes power.
- Chiang Kai-shek is made supreme war lord in Canton, China.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Rio Rita - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- Henry Burr - Always
- Always - Nick Lucas
- Kentucky's Way Of Sayin' Good Morning - Brox Sisters
- After I Say I'm Sorry - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Drifting and Dreaming (Sweet Paradise) - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Here in My Arms - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra