Wednesday 18 August 1943US date format: 8/18/1943, UK date format: 18/8/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 18, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tad Mann and Martin Mull in Chicago.
The Fallen Sparrow, directed by Richard Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1943 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Tad Mann: American astrologer, architect, artist, teacher, graphic designer and author who is a highly respected writer and speaker on the topic of sacred geometry and space.
- Martin Mull in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor/comedian (Bad Manners, Flick, Serial).
- Bernard Chevallier: French honorary curator of heritage.
- Gianni Rivera
- Robert De Niro: Actor.
- Sarah Dash: Trenton, New Jersey -- Rock vocalist (Patti LaBelle & Bluebirds).
- Martin Mull: American actor and singer.
- Carl Wayne: English singer and actor (The Move The Hollies and The Vikings) (d. 2004).
- Roberto Rosato
- Carl Hubbell wins his 253rd and final game, all with Giants
- Final convoy of Jews from Salonika Greece arrive at Auschwitz.