Saturday 16 June 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Annie Cordy and Karl Weber.
The Tenderfoot, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1928 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Annie Cordy: Belgian/french singer, actress.
- Karl Weber: German businessman, statistician, research astrologer and author, data collector.
- Harold Hanham: Vice chancellor (Lancaster University).
- Sergiu Comissiona in Buch: Romania; conductor (Haifa Symphony 1959-64).
- Speedy O Long: American politician (d. 2006).
- Speedy Long: American lawyer and politician (d. 2006).
- Dr Mark Keppel: American County Superintendent of Los Angeles County Schools from 1902-1928 (Born 1867).