Friday 18 March 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 18, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
There Be Dragons, directed by Roland Joffé, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Townie by Andre Dubus III was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Babysitter's a Vampire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DragonVale or Deadliest Warrior: Legends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 March 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 18 March 2011 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 March
- Response to Datta Khel airstrike:
- Tribal leaders in Pakistan issue a statement vowing action against the United States after yesterday's botched U.S. drone attack which killed more than 40 civilians, mainly elders and police at an open-air meeting, the deadliest such attack by the United States on Pakistan since 2006. (BBC)
- Arab Spring
- At least 41 people are killed in Yemen as security forces open fire on anti-government demonstrators. (RTÉ)
- Hundreds of people in Jordan take to the streets for the eleventh consecutive week, calling for reforms. (CP)
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- The Pearl Monument, located in the Pearl Roundabout, which had become a focal point of the Bahraini protests, is torn down by the government of Bahrain. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Thousands of protesters defy martial law in Bahrain and continue pro-democracy demonstrations. (''Hurriyet'')
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Plain-clothes police break up a demonstration of at least 200 people in the Syrian capital Damascus after Friday prayers (Trend News Agency)
- Police use guns to kill between at least two and four people for protesting against the corruption of the Bashar al-Assad regime and lack of freedom in the southern city of Daraa. (BBC)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- The Libyan government announces a ceasefire, amid foreign military preparations after a no-fly zone was imposed yesterday. (Al Jazeera)
- Libya then immediately violates its own ceasefire, shelling Misrata and killing 25 civilians. (Reuters)
- 2010–2011 Ivorian crisis:
- Disputed Côte d'Ivoire President Laurent Gbagbo calls on civilians to join in the fighting to ampquotneutraliseampquot supporters of Alassane Ouattara. (Reuters)
- The United Nations says the shelling of a market by security forces that killed 25 people may constitute a crime against humanity. (BBC)
- Clashes between the Sudan People's Liberation Army/Movement and rebel forces led by George Athor kill 70 people in South Sudan. (BBC)
- The ''Sankei Shimbun'' newspaper reports that the Government of Japan plans to issue more than 10 trillion yen in emergency government bonds to help pay for the recovery effort from the 2011 Sendai earthquake and tsunami. (Reuters)
- The G7 sells the Japanese yen in order to reduce its value in the first joint operation on currency markets since 2000. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 March 2011
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- M'gladbach - Kaiserslautern : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Duisburg - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 1 - 0
- Ingolstadt - Hertha : 1 - 1
- Munich 1860 - Karlsruhe : 5 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Villarreal B - Xerez : 1 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Reims : 3 - 0
- Angers - Evian Thonon Gaillard : 3 - 0
- Boulogne - Troyes : 2 - 0
- Chateauroux - Vannes : 0 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- No BS - Chris Brown
- You Be Killin Em - Fabolous
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- Down On Me - Jeremih Featuring 50 Cent
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Digas Que No - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Shakira - Sale El Sol
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- Welcome To The Family - Avenged Sevenfold
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Isolation - Alter Bridge
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Japan’s nuclear crisis has prompted a steady departure of business executives from Tokyo, with many heading to Osaka, Fukuoka or other cities farther from the damaged reactors. [..]
The chief, Kerry Killinger, and two other executives were accused of reckless lending practices that led to the collapse of the nation’s largest savings bank. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.50
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $95.15
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $80.50
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.93
- 1 CHF = 7.2954 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6747 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9144 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.54 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?