Thursday 3 March 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 3, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Limitless, directed by Neil Burger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Thy Neighbour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crimson: Steam Pirates or de Blob 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 March 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 3 March 2011 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 March
- May Cutler: Canadian politician and publisher (Born 1923).
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- The Dutch Ministry of Defense confirm that three Royal Netherlands Navy personnel are captured by armed men loyal to Muammar Gaddafi during an evacuation operation. ampquotIntensive diplomatic negotiationsampquot are going on between Dutch and Libyan authorities and relatives of the crew are being kept informed. (CNN)
- Family members of Libyan dissidents raise concerns about kidnapping by the current regime. (ABC News Australia)
- The seaport of Brega is again bombed, though with no reported casualties. (BBC)
- Howard Davies, the director of the London School of Economics, resigns over allegations about the institution's links to the Libyan regime. (BBC)
- Xinhua reports that 35,860 Chinese nationals have been evacuated from Libya in one of the largest overseas operations in Chinese military history. (Xinhua)
- The United States Air Force starts preparation of evacuation flights to get Egyptian refugees out of Libya following an order from the President of United States Barack Obama. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- President Obama calls on Colonel Gaddafi to stand down and advises that the United States is looking at ampquotfull rangeampquot of military options. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- A bomb explodes at a People's Democratic Party rally in Suleja Nigeria killing at least three people. (Al Jazeera)
- The suspect in a deadly attack on US airmen at Frankfurt Airport allegedly targeted US servicemen and had portrayed himself as an Islamist on the Internet according to German sources. (Stars and Stripes)
- Ivory Coast security forces kill at least six women marching in support of Opposition leader Alassane Ouattara in Abidjan. (BBC)
- A series of attacks in the Sudanese border town of Abyei kills more than 100 people in the past week. (''Christian Science Monitor'')
- The United Nations says world food prices are at their highest for 20 years. (Sify India)
- News Corporation, the third largest media company in the world, gets approval to buy out British Sky Broadcasting, the largest pay-TV broadcaster in the United Kingdom, for $12.7 billion. (BBC)
- WordPress.com, a leading weblog host, is subjected to a huge Distributed Denial of Service attack. (Techcrunch)
- Airfares in the United States continue to rise due to increasing costs of jet fuel. (NBC Dallas Fort Worth)
- Mazda recalls approximately 50,000 Mazda6 sedans after finding that a spider web could cause the fuel tank to crack and leak. (''New York Times'')
- New Zealand authorities state that they have given up finding survivors from the 2011 Canterbury earthquake with the final death toll expected to be approximately 240. (AP, Reuters, via MSNBC)
- 40 people die in northern India after two vehicles plunge into a deep gorge. (AP via Breitbart)
- The United States reports that it has proof that Robert Levinson, a retired FBI agent missing in Iran since 2007, is alive. (AP via Fresno Bee)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 3 March 2011
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Santander : 1 - 1
- Real Madrid - Malaga : 7 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Celta - Huesca : 1 - 2
- Ponferradina - Betis : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- No BS - Chris Brown
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- No Me Digas Que No - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu - Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jimenez
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Estoy Enamorado - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Sing - My Chemical Romance
- Isolation - Alter Bridge
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- Welcome To The Family - Avenged Sevenfold
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.45
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $95.09
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $82.44
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $43.66
- 1 CHF = 7.0536 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7626 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9575 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.669 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?