Friday 11 March 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Detention, directed by Joseph Kahn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Battle Hymn Of The Tiger Mother by Amy Chua was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Half in the Bag.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dark Souls or Dance Central 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 2011!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 11 March 2011 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 March
- An earthquake measuring 9.0 in magnitude strikes 130 km (80 miles) east of Sendai, Japan, triggering a tsunami killing thousands of people. This event also triggered the second largest nuclear accident in history, and one of only two events to be classified as a Level 7 on the International Nuclear Event Scale.
- Clashes continue to take place between rebels and Gaddafi loyalists at Ra's Lanuf. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Saudi Arabian protests:
- A 9.1-magnituderef name=quotstaradvertiserquot
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- European Union leaders gather in Brussels for an urgent summit. (BBC)
- Protesters take to the streets of Hofuf and al-Ahsa in the east of the country. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- 2011 Kuwaiti protests:
- Riot police fire tear gas at a demonstration of stateless Arabs demanding more rights. (Reuters)
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- Security is increased as a large march takes place towards the royal court. (Reuters)
- India and Pakistan successfully conduct missile tests. (Sify India)
- American actor Mel Gibson is charged with misdemeanor battery for an alleged assault on his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva in January 2010. (Access Hollywood)
- 2011 Sendai earthquake and tsunami
- At least 1000 people have died in the earthquake and tsunami. (LA Times)
- The United States Geological Survey estimates that it is the fifth strongest earthquake since 1900. (USGS)
- Japanese television shows footage of flooding along Japan's northeastern coast. (AP via ''New York Times'')
- A tsunami warning is also issued for Russia, Taiwan, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and the United States. (Oregon Live)
- The cooling system at the Onagawa Nuclear Power Plant also experiences problems. (RT)
- The Governor of Oklahoma, Mary Fallin, declares a state of emergency in all 77 counties due to wildfires burning out of control in that state and Colorado. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 March 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Brescia - Inter : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Hannover : 4 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Frankfurt FSV - Ingolstadt : 1 - 2
- Karlsruhe - Duisburg : 3 - 1
- Oberhausen - Erzgebirge Aue : 1 - 2
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Elche - Cordoba : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?