Thursday 31 March 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steins;Gate.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Army of Darkness: Defense or Disney Universe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 31 March 2011 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 March
- Former British Labour MP Jim Devine is jailed for 16 months for fraudulently claiming £8,385 in expenses. (BBC)
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Bashar al-Assad, the Syrian president, authorises a review of emergency laws and an inquiry into the deaths of protesters. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa defects from the government and seeks refuge in the United Kingdom. (''Haaretz'')
- Fierce fighting takes place around the town of Brega. (Al Jazeera)
- U.S. President Obama is reported to have authorized covert support for Libyan rebels. (''Haaretz'')
- 2010–2011 Ivorian crisis:
- Disputed President Laurent Gbagbo's army chief Phillippe Mangou seeks refuge in the South African ambassador's home in Abidjan. (BBC)
- Forces loyal to Ivory Coast's internationally recognised President Alassane Ouattara seize further towns and move into the biggest city Abidjan. (CNN)
- '''James Franco''' appears on the ''Late Show with David Letterman'', speaking publicly for the first time about his hosting performance on the 83rd Academy Awards. (BBC News)
- Google agrees with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to have an independent privacy audit every couple of years as a result of problems with the Google Buzz social network. (BBC)
- The U.S. Secretary of the Treasury, Timothy Geithner, says at a meeting in Nanjing, China that the ampquotmost important problemampquot in the world's monetary system is that some countries refuse to allow the free flow of the value of their currency. (Reuters)
- Nine people are killed after a train crashes into a minibus in Hanoi, Vietnam. (''Straits Times'')
- The death toll from flooding in Southern Thailand rises to thirteen. (Phuket Wan)
- Thousands of people are evacuated in Perlis, northern Malaysia, due to flooding. (Bernama)
- Radiation exceeding evacuation levels is found 40 kilometres from the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant, outside the exclusion zone. (''Herald Sun'')
- Defense chiefs from ASEAN countries agree on information sharing at a conference in Indonesia. (''Jakarta Post'')
- The Gaddafi government in Libya asks former Nicaraguan foreign minister Miguel d'Escoto Brockmann to represent it in the United Nations. (AP via Yahoo News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?