Monday 7 March 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 7, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Detention, directed by Joseph Kahn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Babysitter's a Vampire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bulletstorm or Dragon Age II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 March 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 7 March 2011 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 March
- 2011 Libyan civil war
- NATO decides to increase surveillance flights over Libya to a 24/7 basis. (MSNBC)
- The Arab media reports that Muammar Gaddafi sent envoys to Benghazi to negotiate terms for his withdrawal from power but the terms are rejected. (Reuters)
- 2011 Yemeni protests
- Protesters in the central jail of the Yemeni capital Sana'a take part in anti-Saleh demonstrations, where warning shots are fired. (Al Jazeera)
- 2010–2011 Ivorian crisis
- Rebel forces seize a third town in western Ivory Coast from government forces. (Reuters)
- Twenty-three oil workers are kidnapped in eastern Colombia with FARC rebels the most likely suspects. (Voice of America)
- Pablo Picasso's ''Nude, Green Leaves and Bust'', the most expensive painting ever sold at auction, goes on public exhibition at the Tate Gallery in London, England. (Reuters via Yahoo News)
- Warner Bros. Television sacks actor Charlie Sheen from the cast of television show ''Two and a Half Men''. (Sky News)
- The ''New York Times'' reports that French luxury group LVMH will take control of Italy's Bulgari in an all-share deal. (''New York Times'')
- Oil prices rise to their highest level in 29 months as fighting in Libya intensifies. (Bloomberg via ''Business Week'')
- Australia's Climate Change Minister, Greg Combet, says that the government's plans to impose a carbon tax, part of a phase-in of an emissions trading program, will impact less than 1,000 companies. (Reuters)
- Laurent Gbagbo, the President of Ivory Coast, nationalises the coffee and cocoa industries which are the Ivory Coast's two biggest crops. (CNN)
- AOL completes its purchase of the Huffington Post. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- New Zealand earthquake
- The state of emergency put in place after the 2011 Canterbury earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand, is extended. (AAP via SBS News)
- A National Memorial Service to honour earthquake victims will be held on March 18. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- A strong 6.6 magnitude earthquake occurs off the coast of the Solomon Islands in the Pacific Ocean. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- China closes Tibet to foreign tourists, ahead of the third anniversary since unrest there in 2008. (MSN Malaysia)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 7 March 2011
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 5 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- La Coruna - Sociedad : 2 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Tenerife - Barcelona B : 1 - 4
Division 2Football (France)
- Boulogne - Evian Thonon Gaillard : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- No BS - Chris Brown
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- You Be Killin Em - Fabolous
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- No Me Digas Que No - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu - Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jimenez
- Estoy Enamorado - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- Isolation - Alter Bridge
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Sing - My Chemical Romance
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.09
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $95.86
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $83.03
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.90
- 1 CHF = 7.0778 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7397 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.952 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.631 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?