Sunday 18 November 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pedro Infante .
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1917 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Pedro Infante: Mexican actor and singer.
- Henry Spiekman: Social-democratic politician, dies at 43.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Beale Street Blues - Prince's Orchestra
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Brown Brothers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?