Monday 18 November 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Dean Foster and Amanda Lear.
The Best Years of Our Lives, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Close-Up.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1946 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Alan Dean Foster: United States -- Sci-fi author (Midworld, Flinx in Flux).
- Amanda Lear: French singer.
- Pierre Chanal: French soldier and suspected serial killer.
- Alan Foster: American author.
- Chris Rainbow: Scottish singer-songwriter and producer (Camel) (d. 2015).
- Donald Meek: Scotland, actor (Stage Fair, Stagecoach), dies at 86.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Huggin' and Chalkin' - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Helen Carroll - Ole Buttermilk Sky
- Sooner or Later (You're Gonna Be Comin' Around) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- The Things We Did Last Summer - Jo Stafford
- It's A Pity To Say Goodnight - Stan Kenton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?