Wednesday 18 December 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 18, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Desgraupes and William Boggs.
Little Orphant Annie, directed by Colin Campbell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 December 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1918 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Pierre Desgraupes: French TV journalist, writer and producer.
- William Boggs: Canadian pioneering leader in military and commercial aviation.
- Henryk Jarecki composer: dies at age 72.
- The United States House of Representatives approves the Eighteenth Amendment to enact Prohibition.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- While You're Away (Pack Up Your Cares in a Bundle of Joy) - Peerless Quartet
- New York Philharmonic Orchestra - Waltz of the Flowers
- Cathedral Chimes - Prince's Orchestra