Sunday 18 December 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger E Mosley and [Bryan] Chas.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while My Son, My Son! by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1938 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Roger E Mosley: American actor.
- [Bryan] Chas: Chandler; rocker (The Animals - "House of the Rising Sun").
- Chas Chandler: English bass player and producer (The Animals) (d. 1996).
- Joel Hirschhorn: American songwriter and composer (d. 2005).
- Roger Mosley: American actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- This Can't Be Love - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Hurry Home - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?