Saturday 18 November 1939US date format: 11/18/1939, UK date format: 18/11/1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 18, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Brenda Vaccaro and Margaret Atwood.
Another Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 November 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1939 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Margaret Atwood: Canadian writer, a poet and novelist who...
- Brenda Vaccaro: American actress.
- Henri Brincard
- Tom Johnson: Composer.
- Brenda Vaccaro in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Cactus Flower,...
- John O'Keefe: American scientist, he shared the 2014...
- Auberon Waugh: Author.
- Jean Degros: France sport Champion.
- Margaret Jay: Baroness Jay of Paddington English...
- Amanda Lear: Hong Kong-born French singer, TV...
- Brenda Vacarro: American actress whose first TV series,...
- John Cheek: Falkland Islands -- Advocate.
- Margaret E Atwood: Author / poet.
- Netherlands KNSM passenger ship Simon Bolivar hits German mine, 86 die