Wednesday 18 October 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 18, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Harvey Oswald and Mike Ditka.
The Roaring Twenties, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1939 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Lee Harvey Oswald
- Mike Ditka: Coach.
- Earl Brown: American actor (d. 2006).
- Lee Oswald: American homicide; the assassin of President John F. Kennedy on 11/22/1963, Dallas, TX.
- Ted Marino: Italian-Brazilian wrestler and actor (d. 2012).
- Jan Vold: Norwegian poet author and translator.
- Flavio Cotti: Swiss lawyer and politician 82nd President of the Swiss Confederation.
- R Rodgers and Lorenz Harts Too Many Girls, premieres in New York City