Thursday 18 September 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 18, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Rohn and Edgar Mitchell.
Whoopee!, directed by Thornton Freeland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1930 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
Famous Birthdays:18 September
- Philadelphia Athletics win AL championship for 2nd year in a row
- New York Yankees' pitcher Red Ruffing hits two home runs to beat Saint Louis Browns, 7-6.