Wednesday 18 September 1940US date format: 9/18/1940, UK date format: 18/9/1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 18, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Frankie Avalon in Philadelphia and W Hillenbrand.
Strike Up the Band, directed by Busby Berkeley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1940 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Frankie Avalon in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Beach movies),...
- W Hillenbrand: American executive and CEO in charge of...
- Richard Tilghman: American financier, banker and CEO of...
- Frankie Avalon: American singer and actor.
- 19 German aircrafts shot down above England
- Italian troops conquer Sidi Barrani
- World War II: Italian troops conquer Sidi Barrani.