Thursday 18 September 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diana Lewis and Carlos Collado Martinez.
The Sentimental Bloke, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1919 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Diana Lewis
- Carlos Collado Martinez: Costa Rican doctor, recalled in Bologna and in Costa Rica as a hero for his role as a partisan during the occupation of Italy by the Nazis during World War II.
- Tommy Hunter: American fiddler (d. 1993).
- Dutch 2nd Chamber accepts female suffrage
- Hurricane tides 16 feet above normal drown 280 along Gulf Coast.
- Fritz Pollard becomes the first African-American to play professional football for a major team, the Akron Pros.
- The Netherlands gives women the right to vote.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody - John Steel
- Dear Old Pal of Mine - Sascha Jacobsen
- Smilin' Through - Reinald Werrenrath