Saturday 19 April 1930US date format: 4/19/1930, UK date format: 19/4/1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 19, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Sargent and Jacques Luzeau.
All Quiet on the Western Front, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1930 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Dick Sargent: American actor who was best known as the...
- Jacques Luzeau: French furniture and interior designer.
- David Martin: American advertising executive, author...
- Ewan Jamieson: New Zealand air marshal (d. 2013).
- Georges-Casimir Dessaulles: Canadian senator (Born 1827).
- 34th Boston Marathon won by Clarence DeMar (his 7th win) of Massachusetts in 2:34:48.2.
- Warner Bros. release their first cartoon series called 'Looney Tunes' which runs until 1970.
- A fire in the Ohio Penitentiary in Columbus kills 320 people.
- The Turkestan-Siberia Railway is completed.