Friday 19 April 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrée Degeimbre and Michel Galzain.
The Blue Bird, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1918 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Henry Burr
- Liberty Bell (It's Time to Ring Again) - Peerless Quartet
- Are You from Heaven? - Henry Burr
- I'd Like to Be a Monkey in the Zoo - Frances White