Saturday 19 August 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anna Terruwe .
The Accident, directed by Christopher Lawrence Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1911 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Anna Terruwe: Dutch psychiatrist and author (d. 2004).
- New York Giant Christy Mathewson loses after beating Reds 22 straight times
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- That Railroad Rag - Walter Van Brunt
- Don't Wake Me Up, I'm Dreaming - Walter Van Brunt
- The Mississippi Dippy Dip - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Infanta March - Fred Van Eps
- In the Land of Harmony - Arthur Collins