Monday 19 January 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shelly Fabares in Santa Monica and Thom Mayne.
Woman of the Year, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while And Now Tomorrow by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1942 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Shelly Fabares in Santa Monica: California, USA; actress (Donna Reed Show, Coach).
- Thom Mayne: American Architect.
- Michael Crawford: British actor and singer who captivated theater audiences around the world playing the lead role in "Phantom of the Opera.
- Javier Heraud: Peruvian poet and member of the Ejército de Liberación Nacional (ELN).
- Jean-Pierre Kelche: French military, Chief of Staff officer of the armies; No.
- Paul-Eerik Rummo: Estonian poet and politician
- Japanese forces invade Burma
- Titus Brandsma (Carmelite priest) arrested by German occupiers for speaking out against Nazism as a "lie" and "pagan".
- Establishment of United States VIII Bomber Command, later to become the Eighth Air Force, in Savannah, Georgia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?