Thursday 19 August 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jerzy Andrzejewski .
Far from the Madding Crowd, directed by Thomas Vinterberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1909 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Jerzy Andrzejewski: Warsaw, Poland -- Writer (Ashes & Diamonds).
- Rembt THPLA of Boneval Faure: Lawyer / 1st-Member of parliament.
- Indianapolis 500 race track opens
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Pony Boy - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- I Love My Wife, But Oh You Kid! - Bob Roberts
- I Love, I Love, I Love My Wife, but Oh You Kid! - Arthur Collins