Wednesday 19 July 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wirkus Mietek .
Beau Geste, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1939 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Wirkus Mietek: Polish Catholic healer who was born with his talent, first noticed by his mom when he was a toddler.
- Rose Hartwick Thorpe: American poet (Born 1850).
- 1st use of fiberglass sutures, R P Scholz, St. Louis, Missouri
- Dr Roy P Scholz is 1st surgeon to use fiberglass sutures
- First use of fiberglass sutures, by R.P. Scholz, Saint Louis, Missouri.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?