Friday 19 October 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Theodoro Valcarcel and Erna Berger.
Boarding School Girls' Pajama Parade, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while Eben Holden by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1900!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1900 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Theodoro Valcarcel: Composer.
- Erna Berger: German coloratura lyric soprano, and opera singer and interpreter of German lieder.
- Andre Behoteguy: France sport Champion.
- Bill Ponsford: Australian cricketer and baseball player (d. 1991).
- Roy Worters: Canadian ice hockey goaltender (d. 1957).
- Henry O Tanner, painter, wins Medal of Honor at Paris Exposition
- S African President Paul Kruger departs for Europe
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?