Friday October 19, 1900
US date format: 10/19/1900, UK date format: 19/10/1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 19, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Erna Berger and Andre Behoteguy.
A Storm at Sea, directed by James H. White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 19, 1900?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- Henry O Tanner, painter, wins Medal of Honor at Paris Exposition
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 19, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - A Bird in a Gilded Cage