Monday 8 October 1900
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffrey Alan Jellicoe and Serge Chermayeff.
Boarding School Girls' Pajama Parade, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1900!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1900 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 October 1900
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1900 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Because - Haydn Quartet
- My Wild Irish Rose - Harry Macdonough
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?