Saturday 19 October 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 19, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Gambon and Jerzy Kulej.
Christmas in July, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1940 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Michael Gambon: English actor (Singing Detective, Paris at Night).
- Jerzy Kulej: Poland -- Light welterweight boxer (1964, 68 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Larry Chance: American singer-songwriter (The Earls).
- Rosny Smarth: Haitian lawyer and politician 8th Prime Minister of Haiti.