Wednesday October 17, 1900
US date format: 10/17/1900, UK date format: 17/10/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 17, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jean Arthur and C Van Asch van Wijck.
A Storm at Sea, directed by James H. White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 17, 1900?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 17, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - A Bird in a Gilded Cage