Thursday 25 October 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Yates and Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti.
Boarding School Girls' Pajama Parade, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while The Reign of Law by James Lane Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1900!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1900 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Catherine Yates: American businesswoman and entrepreneur who used an inheritance to acquire six motels successively from 1961-1969.
- Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti: Nigerian educator and activist (d. 1978).
- England annexes Transvaal.
- The United Kingdom annexes the Transvaal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- A Bird in a Gilded Cage - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?