Sunday October 21, 1900
US date format: 10/21/1900, UK date format: 21/10/1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 21, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Masquin .
A Storm at Sea, directed by James H. White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 21, 1900?
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- See more
- Pierre Masquin: Carpentras physician.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 21, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - A Bird in a Gilded Cage