Thursday 20 August 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kitei Sohn and Yann Goulet.
Aftermath, directed by Elliot Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1914 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Kitei Sohn: Korean marathon runner / coach (1936 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Yann Goulet: French sculptor, Breton nationalist and war-time collaborationist with Nazi Germany who headed the Breton Bagadou Stourm militia.
- Battle at Morhange: German troops chase French, killing 1000s
- Bavarian troops kill 50 inhabitants of Nomeny France
- German army captured Brussels as the Belgian army retreated to Antwerp
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fourth of July at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
- Prince's Orchestra - Love's Melody