Monday 20 January 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 20, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Didier Cauville and Ronald Townson.
Nora Prentiss, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1947 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Didier Cauville: French executive, Director of the equipment of the department of Upper Corsica, involved in the Furiani-Bastia case.
- Ronald Townson: Rock singer (5th Dimension-We Can Fly).
- Cyrille Guimard: French road racing cyclist, who became a directeur sportif and then a television commentator.
- John Walter: American business administrator and CEO of R.R.
- Josh Gibson: Negro League slugger, dies of a brain tumor at age 35.
- Brigadier General Edwin K Wright becomes deputy director of US Central Intelligence Agency.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Managua, Nicaragua - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Open The Door, Richard! - Jack McVea & His All-Stars