Monday 20 January 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ronald Townson and Didier Cauville.
Lady in the Lake, directed by Robert Montgomery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1947 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Ronald Townson: Rock singer (5th Dimension-We Can Fly).
- Didier Cauville: French executive, Director of the equipment of the department of Upper Corsica, involved in the Furiani-Bastia case.
- Cyrille Guimard: French road racing cyclist, who became a directeur sportif and then a television commentator.
- John Walter: American business administrator and CEO of R.R.
- Josh Gibson: Negro League slugger, dies of a brain tumor at age 35.
- Brigadier General Edwin K Wright becomes deputy director of US Central Intelligence Agency.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 January 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Managua, Nicaragua - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
- Sonata - Jo Stafford
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?