Wednesday 16 May 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Martin and Tom Moore.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1928 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Billy Martin: American baseball player and manager, famous for his gutsy all-out baseball playing style and barroom fighting brawls.
- Tom Moore: American cartoonist and member of National Cartoonists Society, known for his work on the.
- Edmund William Grosse: Poet / author.