Saturday 21 August 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 21, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Burning Bright, directed by Carlos Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Offspring.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crunchball 3000 or Marvel Pinball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 21 August 2010 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 August
- Israel's ambassador to the United Nations Gabriela Shalev writes a letter to Ban Ki-moon stating that Israel would use force against a Bolivian-flagged all-female aid ship intending to land near Gaza. (''The Age'')
- An injunction prevents public sector workers from continuing their national strike for better pay in South Africa the army had previously been deployed and the country's health minister accused strikers of murder. (BBC)
- Russian Federal Security Service assassinate Magomedali Vagabov, a top militant suspected to be responsible for the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings in Dagestan. (Sky News)
- At least 10 anti-government protesters are killed by early morning bombs in Mogadishu the dead include people from Afghanistan, Algeria, India and Pakistan. (BBC)
- About 35 people are taken hostage by drug dealers at a tourist hotel in São Conrado, Rio de Janeiro 1 woman, involved with them, is killed. (BBC)
- A Vincent van Gogh painting - known as both ''Poppy Flowers'' and ''Vase with Flowers'' - is stolen from the Mohammed Mahmoud Khalil art museum in Cairo, but is later said to have been recovered at Cairo Airport. (BBC)
- More than 50,000 people are evacuated after the Yalu River floods in China flooding is also reported in North Korea with the city of Sinuiju particularly affected. (Xinhua)
- The charity Save the Children says the food crisis in Niger is being made worse by hoarders selling grain at higher prices than most people can afford. (RTHK)
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon welcomes more than $200 million in funds pledged towards the humanitarian effort following the 2010 Pakistan floods. (Aljazeera)
- Relatives accuse authorities of not doing enough to save 33 miners who have spent the past 15 days trapped in a collapsed mine near Copiapó in the Atacama Desert. (BBC)
- 11 beached pilot whales are refloated using a crane and body sling on New Zealand's Karikari Peninsula. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The United States is hit by a salmonella scare, with hundreds of people now thought to be ill across the country due to bad eggs poisoning is expected to increase in the coming weeks. (''The Age'')
- Italy backs France's crackdown and expulsion of Roma from the country. (AP)
- Amnesty International urges Saudi Arabia not to sever the spine of a man as punishment the man has been convicted of paralysing another man. (''The Age'')
- Swedish prosecutors issue and then revoke an arrest warrant against Wikileaks spokesperson Julian Assange. Assange calls the incident ampquotdeeply disturbingampquot as Wikileaks prepares to release 15,000 documents which the U.S. military would like to keep secret. (CNN)
- Australians go to the polls with results indicating a hung parliament. (AAP via News Limited)
- Ken Wyatt of the Liberal Party of Australia becomes the first indigenous Australian to be elected to the House of Representatives of Australia representing the Division of Hasluck. (''The Sunday Times WA'')
- Musician Wyclef Jean is formally declared unsuitable as a presidential candidate in Haiti's election. (Press Association via Google News)
- Dutch sailor Laura Dekker starts her bid to become the youngest person to circumnavigate the world solo in Portimão, Portugal. (AP via KGW)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 August 2010
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Germinal - Westerlo : 0 - 0
- Lierse - Kortrijk : 1 - 2
- Lokeren - Anderlecht : 0 - 3
- Waregem - Cercle Brugge : 4 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Kaiserslautern : 1 - 3
- Freiburg - St Pauli : 1 - 3
- Hamburg - Schalke 04 : 2 - 1
- Hannover - Ein Frankfurt : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ingolstadt - Augsburg : 1 - 4
- Paderborn - Erzgebirge Aue : 0 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Auxerre - Valenciennes : 1 - 1
- Lens - Monaco : 2 - 2
- Lyon - Brest : 1 - 0
- Marseille - Lorient : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Find Your Love - Drake
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Stand By Me - Prince Royce
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- El Malo - Aventura
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch
- Neon Trees - Animal
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Wealthy parents pay a lot for their children’s tutors, and they usually expect more than improved grades. [..]
A groundswell of support is rising for Elizabeth Warren, who proposed the newly created financial reform agency in 2007, to be named to lead it. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?