Tuesday 21 December 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 21, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roland Mortier and Bob Bindig.
Outside the Law, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1920 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Roland Mortier
- Alicia Alonso: Cuban ballerina.
- Bob Bindig: American cartoonist (d. 2006).
- Georges Balandier: French sociologist, anthropologist and ethnologist noted for his research in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Joseph Fegan: Los Angeles Military man.
- Jean Gascon: Canadian actor and director (d. 1988).
- Mohammed Abdullah Hassan: Somalian nationalist leader (Born 1856).