Thursday 21 December 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Winchell New York City and Georges Puechberty.
Peg o' My Heart, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Simon Called Peter by Robert Keable was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1922!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1922 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Paul Winchell New York City: New York, ventriloquist (Jerry Mahoney, Knucklehead Smith).
- Georges Puechberty: Pampelonne physician.
- Itubwa Amram: Nauruan pastor and politician (d. 1989).
- Paul Winchell: American voice actor and ventriloquist (Born 1922).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Way Down Yonder in New Orleans - Peerless Quartet
- The Dixie Highway - Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?