Thursday 21 December 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 21, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kathryn Joosten and John Roe.
Of Mice and Men, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1939 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Kathryn Joosten: Actress.
- John Roe: American merchandise marketer and CEO of Bemis, a packaging company.
- Lloyd Axworthy: Canadian academic and politician 2nd Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Wafic Saïd: Syrian-Monacan businessman and philanthropist.
- Hitler named Adolf Eichmann leader of Referat IV B