Wednesday 21 July 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 21, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sim (actor) and Norman Jewison.
The Bells, directed by James Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 July 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1926 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Sim (actor)
- Norman Jewison: Canadian-American film director, producer, actor and founder of the Canadian Film Centre.
- Bill Pertwee: English actor (d. 2013).
- Karel Reisz: Czech-English director and producer (d. 2002).
- Paul Burke: American actor (d. 2009).
- Gerald Ian Lacey: Architect / town planner.
- Queenie Watts: English actress and singer (d. 1980).
- Rahimuddin Khan: Pakistani general and politician 7th Governor of Balochistan.
- Paul Burke in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Thomas Crown Affair).
- Frederick Mancheski: American mechanical engineer and CEO in charge of Echlin, an auto parts manufacturer and distributor.
- Giancarlo Vitali: Italy sport Champion.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tamiami Trail - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- I Wish I Had My Old Gal Back Again - Al Jolson
- Valencia - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra