Wednesday 21 July 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerald Ian Lacey and Paul Burke in New Orleans.
Mantrap, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1926 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Gerald Ian Lacey: Architect / town planner.
- Paul Burke in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Thomas Crown Affair).
- Norman Jewison: Canadian-American film director, producer, actor and founder of the Canadian Film Centre.
- Frederick Mancheski: American mechanical engineer and CEO in charge of Echlin, an auto parts manufacturer and distributor.
- Giancarlo Vitali: Italy sport Champion.
- Paul Burke: American actor (d. 2009)
- Rahimuddin Khan: Pakistani general and politician 7th Governor of Balochistan
- Bill Pertwee: English actor (d. 2013)
- Karel Reisz: Czech-English director and producer (d. 2002)
- Queenie Watts: English actress and singer (d. 1980)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Louis Armstrong - Muskrat Ramble
- Reaching for the Moon - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?