Friday 30 October 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Béalu and Stuart Hamblen.
The Puppet's Nightmare, directed by Émile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 October 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1908 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Marcel Béalu: French writer raised in impoverished circumstances in Saumur.
- Stuart Hamblen: Texas, United States -- Singer / composer (This Old House).
- U Muthuramalingam Thevar: An Indian politician (d. 1963).
- Marcel Bealu: France Writer.
- Franco Margola: Composer.
- U Thevar: Indian lawyer and politician (d. 1963).
- Peter Smith: English cricketer (d. 1967).
- Patsy Montana: American country music singer and songwriter (d. 1996).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Yankee Doodle's Come to Town - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Rah, Rah, Rah - Peerless Quartet
- Sunbonnet Sue - Haydn Quartet
- By the Old Oaken Bucket, Louise - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- When Sweet Marie was Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling