Thursday 8 October 1908US date format: 10/8/1908, UK date format: 8/10/1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 8, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Van Buskirk Yoder and Aldo Ghizzetti.
The Puppet's Nightmare, directed by Émile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1908 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Paul Van Buskirk Yoder: Composer.
- Aldo Ghizzetti: Italy Scientist.
- Ren? Delaitre: Challain physician.
- Ezekias Papaioannou: Greek-Cypriot politician (d. 1988).
- New York Giants set season attendance record at 910,000 (broken in 1920)
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don't Take Me Home - Eddie Morton
- Any Old Port in a Storm - Frank Stanley