Thursday 8 October 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Van Buskirk Yoder and Aldo Ghizzetti.
A Mala Sinistra, directed by Antnio Leal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1908 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Paul Van Buskirk Yoder: Composer.
- Aldo Ghizzetti: Italy Scientist.
- Ren? Delaitre: Challain physician.
- Ezekias Papaioannou: Greek-Cypriot politician (d. 1988).
- New York Giants set season attendance record at 910,000 (broken in 1920)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Right Church, but the Wrong Pew - Eddie Morton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?