Friday October 23, 1908
US date format: 10/23/1908, UK date format: 23/10/1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 23, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include František Douda and Ilya Frank.
David and Goliath, directed by Ferdinando Baldi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 23, 1908?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 23, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Down in Jungle Town
- Haydn Quartet with Harry Macdonough - Take Me Out to the Ball Game