Tuesday 27 October 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 27, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Krasner and Joseph Bachmeier.
David and Goliath, directed by Ferdinando Baldi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 October 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1908 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Lee Krasner: American painter (d. 1984).
- Martin Adan: Pseudonym Ramon Rafael de la Fuente Benavides, Peruvian poet, whose work stands out for its secrecy and depth.
- Joseph Bachmeier: German military, a Nazi and a member of the Waffen SS during WWII, he led his men into battle against the Soviets in the Battle of Narva in 1944 and won a Knight's Cross from the German authorities.
- Josef Bachmeier: Germany Military man.
- Raymond Lyon: Neuilly sur Seine Journalist.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Yankee Doodle's Come to Town - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Rah, Rah, Rah - Peerless Quartet
- Sunbonnet Sue - Haydn Quartet
- By the Old Oaken Bucket, Louise - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- When Sweet Marie was Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling