Saturday October 24, 1908
US date format: 10/24/1908, UK date format: 24/10/1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 24, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include John Alwyne Kitching and John Wilson.
David and Goliath, directed by Ferdinando Baldi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 24, 1908?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- See more
- Billy Murray hits the charts with Take Me Outto the Ball Game
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 24, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Down in Jungle Town
- Haydn Quartet with Harry Macdonough - Take Me Out to the Ball Game