Saturday 24 October 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 24, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Alwyne Kitching and John Wilson.
The Puppet's Nightmare, directed by Émile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1908 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
Famous Birthdays:24 October
- Billy Murray hits the charts with Take Me Outto the Ball Game
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game - Haydn Quartet with Harry Macdonough
- Down in Jungle Town - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan