Monday 26 October 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Puppet's Nightmare, directed by Émile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 October 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1908 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 October
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Yankee Doodle's Come to Town - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Rah, Rah, Rah - Peerless Quartet
- Sunbonnet Sue - Haydn Quartet
- By the Old Oaken Bucket, Louise - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- When Sweet Marie was Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling