Wednesday 14 October 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 14, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Cayla and Rudolf Ismayr.
The Puppet's Nightmare, directed by Émile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 October 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1908 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Rudolf Ismayr: German weightlifter and Olympic champion.
- Simon Cayla: Ouveillan physician.
- Louis Dio: Vannes Military man.
- Pierre Gaume: Quimper physician.
- Ruth Hale: American actress and playwright (d. 2003).
- Baseball Writers Association of America, forms
- Smallest crowd at World Series, 6,210 fans see Cubs beat Tigers
- The Chicago Cubs defeat the Detroit Tigers, 2-0, clinching the World Series. It would be their last one to date.