Wednesday 28 October 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gustav Blank and Arturo Frondizi.
The Puppet's Nightmare, directed by Émile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1908 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Yankee Doodle's Come to Town - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Rah, Rah, Rah - Peerless Quartet
- Sunbonnet Sue - Haydn Quartet
- By the Old Oaken Bucket, Louise - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- When Sweet Marie was Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling