Wednesday October 28, 1908
US date format: 10/28/1908, UK date format: 28/10/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 28, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gustav Blank and Arturo Frondizi.
David and Goliath, directed by Ferdinando Baldi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 28, 1908?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 28, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough & John Bieling - When Sweet Marie was Sweet Sixteen
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - By the Old Oaken Bucket, Louise
- Haydn Quartet - Sunbonnet Sue
- Peerless Quartet - Rah, Rah, Rah
- Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet - Yankee Doodle's Come to Town