Saturday 31 October 1908, Halloween
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Muriel Duckworth .
The Puppet's Nightmare, directed by Émile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 October 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1908 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Muriel Duckworth: Canadian activist (d. 2009).
- 4th Olympic games ends in London
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Yankee Doodle's Come to Town - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Rah, Rah, Rah - Peerless Quartet
- Sunbonnet Sue - Haydn Quartet
- By the Old Oaken Bucket, Louise - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- When Sweet Marie was Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling