Saturday 31 October 1908, Halloween
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 31, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Muriel Duckworth .
The Puppet's Nightmare, directed by Émile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 October 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1908 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Muriel Duckworth: Canadian activist (d. 2009).
- 4th Olympic games ends in London
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Yankee Doodle's Come to Town - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Rah, Rah, Rah - Peerless Quartet
- Sunbonnet Sue - Haydn Quartet
- By the Old Oaken Bucket, Louise - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- When Sweet Marie was Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling