Friday 27 December 1901
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marlene Dietrich and Irene Handl.
Sr. Wrangler Mr. R.P. Paranjpe, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while The Right of Way by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1901!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1901 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Marlene Dietrich: German-American actress and singer who achieved 62 years of international fame as an immortal screen goddess in German and American films.
- Irene Handl: London, England -- Actress (Riding High, Morgan).
- Maurice Derot: Nice physician.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1901 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Wedding of Reuben and the Maid - Harry Macdonough
- I'll Be with You When the Roses Bloom Again - Harry Macdonough
- The Wedding of Reuben and the Maid - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?