Friday 27 December 1901
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marlene Dietrich and Irene Handl.
L'homme à la tête en caoutchouc, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1901!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1901 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Marlene Dietrich: German-American actress and singer who achieved 62 years of international fame as an immortal screen goddess in German and American films.
- Irene Handl: London, England -- Actress (Riding High, Morgan).
- Maurice Derot: Nice physician.